Screen tearing when doing almost anything.

Victusdementis

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
So basically I noticed that whenever I watch Netflix, VLC, or surf the web and scroll, or play some games, I notice that my screen tears horizontally. This has been happening randomly for about a week, it never used to do this. From what I can tell, Silverlight is updated, my graphics card drivers are up to date and my graphics card is working okay. I used a 32 inch Sanyo LCD tv as a monitor because I have nothing else to use. The connection from the tv to the PC seems solid and never posed a problem before. I'm not super computer literate but any help would be great. Thanks.
If needed, my pc specs are

AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.6ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Will need to see which is the offending part. I would start with monitoring the temps on the GPU, and make sure it is not overheating.

You did not specify how the GPU is connected to the display, but i would try another cable, and make sure that it does not run parallel to the power cable.

If these did not work, try the computer with a different display, and/or try the display on a different video source as one of these components may be bad and this should isolate it.

TRENDING THREADS