Screen too dark when playing games w/ Kyro II

G

I have just upgraded to the Kyro II from a TNT2. I am pleased with the performance except for the fact that I can't increase the gamma for D3D games at all.
The 3Deep utility that came bundled with the card (claims to solve this very problem) does nothing to solve the problem.
I am running Windows 2000 Pro.
Please reply if you know of any gamma correction utilities or any ways to solve this problem. Thanks

G

Hi, I'm not too familiar with indepth lighting configurations, hence I can't comment on gamma settings etc.

My suggest would be to see if increasing the light/dark control on your MONITOR will help. Simple, ellegant, and if it works, perfect.

Good luck.

G

hum...
mine was to bright !!!
I have an agp aperture grill monitor ...
;)

go to the driver settings :
there are an option there that enabled me to change the brightness of my hercules 4500...

look at here:
<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010425/kyroII-08.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010425/kyroII-08.html</A>
you have to check the gamma correction box.. and then move the slider right or left

no need for any program only hercules 4500 drivers...
:)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 05/31/01 07:09 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Tribes 2 brightness was ok, but Deus Ex is hardly playable since it is a dark game.

G

it looks that gamma correction is only for the desktop...
:(
I don't have 3deep so I can't help you there.
you could correct with your monitor brightness-contrast etc... to achieve what you want to get in 3d then correct the desktop with the gamma correction...

I don't see any problem in doing this...

G

After removing 3Deep and the .inf files it left behind, I tried Black and White and Half-life out. With these games, the driver gamma correction applies, so I think it's safe to conclude that games based on the Unreal engine (i.e Unreal Tournament and Deus Ex), do not heed to the driver gamma adjustments.

I'd just like to point out that other cards have this problem too with Unreal-engine games and that it also depends on the monitor. The solution seems to be the installation of a utility called PowerStrip. Unfortunately, I cannot find how to adjust gamma with it. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks