[SOLVED] Screen tore apart, pc crashing mid game

May 12, 2022
I have a gtx 760 2gb msi and ive been using it for 2 years, it worked perfectly till one day the screen just tore apart, bits of colors filled the screen and i could not use my pc, cant play games or anything, windows still worked but the display was way too bad, I tried almost everything from cleaning to replacing my HDMI, when I used a new GPU the screen was fine so it was the 760's fault.

any thoughts on why my 760 is not working properly?

Solution
Vram finally failed, is my guess.
I would have suggested to use Msi Afterburner to try and downclock the memory frequency a few hundred mhz to see if it would help, but if you can't see anything, ~well...
May 12, 2022
Vram finally failed, is my guess.
I would have suggested to use Msi Afterburner to try and downclock the memory frequency a few hundred mhz to see if it would help, but if you can't see anything, ~well...
ive read some more forums on my issue and found out it was ''artifacts'' that are appearing on my screen. most people are saying that its not possible to fix it at home, i took it to a shop one time and the worker their ''heated'' the GPU or something like that and it worked for about 1-2 months without any issues and after that the screen issue began again, i wonder if heating it up again would fix it, what are your thoughts on it?

May 12, 2022
That it's just a stopgap - not a permanent fix. Eventually, heating it will do nothing.
After the first heating, there should've been plans in the making to eventually replace the card.
ah its a good thing i have another GPU then, Thanks for answering my question, it was a big help.