Question Screen Turning off playing a game

Jachin1224

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
I’ve recently had an issue with my computer , while playing the Witcher 3 at random points my screen just turns off . It could happen in 5 minutes to a few hours of playing . Very frustrating. It hasn’t happened on desktop or doing anything light so that’s what’s making me believe it’s the graphics card that has finally let me down. Anyone have any tips of what it might be ? I’ve tried updating my drivers , windows and everything I know how to do .(Temps are also not the issue , stays around 65-70 max load)

Specs :
Gtx 970
Corsair 750w power supply
Fx 8350 black edition
970 gigabyte am3+ mobo
16gb ram

Jachin1224

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
I’ve recently had an issue with my computer , while playing the Witcher 3 at random points my screen just turns off . It could happen in 5 minutes to a few hours of playing . Very frustrating. It hasn’t happened on desktop or doing anything light so that’s what’s making me believe it’s the graphics card that has finally let me down. Anyone have any tips of what it might be ? I’ve tried updating my drivers , windows and everything I know how to do .(Temps are also not the issue , stays around 65-70 max load)

Specs :
Gtx 970
Corsair 750w power supply
Fx 8350 black edition
970 gigabyte am3+ mobo
16gb ram
Also , just today I have started to have another issue with display . I turned on my computer and my resolution is screwed , all my icons are huge and I can’t set the display . I updated windows and it fixed the problem and when I went to play it went black again so I restart my computer and it’s back . Very odd.