Screen turns black after a few minutes.

Sep 25, 2018
Hello,

I've installed my old gpu into my fathers computer today. I uninstalled the driver from the old gpu with Display Driver Uninstaller. After that I rebooted and installed the new driver for the new gpu. Everything seemed fine.

Now after a few minutes the screen from the monitor just goes black claiming it has no signal. The pc itself is still on and the fans from the GPU are spinning. When I used the GPU everything was fine. We don't live together so I tried helping him via teamviewer when the screen went black again for him and I couldn't do anything via teamviewer. It seemed like everything froze.

So I tried uninstalling the driver via DDU again and reinstalled it but with the same results as before.

I'm assuming it is the power supply. It's a no name PSU and an old one too, but before buying a new one for him I'd rather ask someone else. It has overall bad reviews. People even say in reviews the given information is off. Claiming it has 700W but it has way less. But I'm not an expert.

The Specs are not that good but he only uses it for watching videos or browsing/banking so he should be fine.

CPU: Pentium G3220
GPU: R7 265
RAM: 4 GB DDR3-1600 Crucial
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-HDS
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700

PS:

Excuse my name. My 12 year old me thought it would be a good gmail name when minecraft came out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It sounds like the PSU hasn't got enough power to run GPU and screen at same time, hence the no signal message

its described as a cheap PSU for the price conscious consumer on the makers own web site, so probably is pretty bad quality when it was purchased

its sold as 700watt but max load is 500watt - see bottom of table: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/intertech.htm

the oem who made PSU for Inter tech has a bad reputation as well.

I would buy a PSU from a better known brand, buy a good PSU and it won't kill parts in PC. Something from Corsair or Seasonic won't bite back. Probably don't need 700watts either. Difference is with last 2 names I mentioned, you get the wattage thats advertised on the box.

we have other users that regret their user names they chose when they younger too.