Question Screen turns black, PC is still running

barna.siro

Prominent
Nov 18, 2018
Hi Everyone!

I am having some kind of problem with my PC. I don't know if if the problem lies in my GPU, MB or PSU. So the story is: my PC and every component is plugged into a 4-slot outlet (surge protected) which goes into 1 plug on the wall. Unfortunately I don't have more plugs in our rented flat.

Now sometimes when I plug another device into this outlet, my screen goes black and stays unresponsive, but my PC is still running. I see the LED-s and the colling is running. No matter what I try: unplug the monitor from the GPU and putting it back, turning off and on the screen. I can't make it come back. Plus I can still hear sounds in my headset even tough my screen is off.

There are cases for example, when I plugged my headset into the case's front USB jack port and the same issue happened again.
So, these are the most typical actions before my screen shuts off. I think it has some kind of connection to electrical changes, but at this point it can could be a problem with the PSU, MB and or the GPU.

Can someone advise me what should I do? Or anyone have any ideas? I don't know how could I troubleshoot either of these components.
I tried switching the outlet, but it was not the problem. It is quite frustrating because I saved money for a long time for a somewhat decent setup, but these errors are quite frustrating to be honest.

The dust can't be the issue either because I am regularly cleaning the PC.

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 1600x (overclocked 3,9 hz, stable),
MB: Asrock Taichi x370,
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 (I know its not the best brand avaliable),
GPU: Sapphire Nitro Vega 56 (stock),
RAM: 16 GB HyperX (2x8 GB)
Monitor: Samsung C27, 1440p curved gaming monitor (not even a year old)

Thank you for your help and ideas in advance!

Oct 23, 2020
even i am facing the same issues from last one i have also posted on this forum but it seems no has any soultion now am beginning to think its a windows problem i aslo have more or less similar setup