[SOLVED] Screen turns black randomly

Sep 30, 2019
Hey guys,
I just bought a XFX Radeon 5700 RX for my computer. I've recently installed it a,have had it for a day now and notice my computer acts weird. Lately the screen goes black sometimes and will display sound ,but sometimes doesn't have sound. I notice the computer is still on and running with fans spinning ,but the screen is black. Another thing I notice is a weird crackle from my speakers that will leave and comeback from time to time while I watch a movie or youtube clip. So what's going on? This never was an issue before the graphics card was installed. I'm thinking it maybe a power supply issue ,but I doubt it since I have a 1000 watt psu. I do have a lot of 4 led strips,few rgb fans and rgb heatsink so that could be an issue. I don't want to return the graphics card ,but it seems I may have to since that started the problem.

Thanks

Solution
Thank you for your response . I come to find out it was the graphics card and a bad power supply. I purchased a blower style graphics card. After reading all the negative reviews about blower style GFX cards with overheating issues , I decided exchange the card and shell out a little more money for a dual fan which eliminated the overheating issue. I also had the opportunity to upgrade to an XT . The power supply was a used one I bought online 4 years ago that went bad which was creating the random shut offs during gaming.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model. Remember wattage is irrelevant without good quality. Equally how long have you had said model PSU?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Do you have latest drivers installed? (Including MB/Chipset drivers and not using a driver updater)?
Are you running an OC, XMP/DOCP?

Sep 30, 2019
Thank you for your response . I come to find out it was the graphics card and a bad power supply. I purchased a blower style graphics card. After reading all the negative reviews about blower style GFX cards with overheating issues , I decided exchange the card and shell out a little more money for a dual fan which eliminated the overheating issue. I also had the opportunity to upgrade to an XT . The power supply was a used one I bought online 4 years ago that went bad which was creating the random shut offs during gaming.

Solution
Sep 30, 2019
I bought a
Cougar ATX12V 1050 Power Supply GX1050V3 80 plus gold. I'm a bit of an RGB addict so just wanted to get a higher watt power supply. The reviews on this power supply have been positive according to my research and it 's a Tier 2 .

Reactions: PC Tailor