[SOLVED] Screen turns black when something is switched off/on

revenantbacus

Reputable
May 15, 2018
Hello,

My pc is acting weird since i installed my new gpu. When i turn off/on my electric fan near me, my screen turns black for 3-4 seconds and even the cellphone chargers when plug out and in and i cant find a solution because i am the only one who got this rare issue. My gpu is MSI rx 470 connected in the monitor via DVI D and its really annoying especially on gaming. Its been 1 month since i installed the gpu and the black screen thing appeared after 3 days of installation and since now everyday, it still continues.

PC Specs:
Samsung 24" 60hz monitor
CPU: Pentium G4560
Motherboard: H110m-e m. 2
RAM: 4X2gb HyperX ram
GPU: MSI RX 470 Armor 4gb
HDD: 1TB WD Blue HDD
PSU: Aerocool VX 500 (yes i know its crap but its running my pc for about months now and the only issue what so ever is the screen problem)

Any solution is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Be sure that the "other plug" is on a different circuit.

Run an extension cord from another room or area within you residence. Circuits usually have their own circuit breaker and your residence may have several circuits: for outlets and for dedicated use; ovens, clothes dryers, and so forth.

Also: "PSU: Aerocool VX 500 (yes i know its crap but its running my pc for about months now and the only issue what so ever is the screen problem)"

PSU's are often the source of problems. The fact that the PSU has been running for months is not an exclusionary factor. Just the opposite.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the screen turning black.

Have you tried another known...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hard specs and OS.

PSU?

Are you using some sort of power strip? How many plugged in devices?

Is the monitor in the same circuit?

Put the electric fan and chargers on another circuit and determine if the problem continues.

Could be that there is some fault in the electrical circuit, the outlook, or (if any) power strips/extension cords.

Reactions: revenantbacus

Ralston18

Titan
Be sure that the "other plug" is on a different circuit.

Run an extension cord from another room or area within you residence. Circuits usually have their own circuit breaker and your residence may have several circuits: for outlets and for dedicated use; ovens, clothes dryers, and so forth.

Also: "PSU: Aerocool VX 500 (yes i know its crap but its running my pc for about months now and the only issue what so ever is the screen problem)"

PSU's are often the source of problems. The fact that the PSU has been running for months is not an exclusionary factor. Just the opposite.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the screen turning black.

Have you tried another known working DVI-D cable?

Try another monitor with your PC. Try another PC on your monitor. Determine if the problem follows the PC or the monitor.

Do likewise with the GPU: Try without the GPU and see if that makes a difference.

Solution