[SOLVED] Screen turns black while gaming

Haris_Shah

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

So I recently updated my GPU driver as well my BIOS and now when I start playing any game, my screen turns black after 5 or 10 min. PC fans are still running but keyboard lights turn off and nothing works. GPU temperature is around 60 to 65 degrees.
I uninstalled the previous driver using DDU and manually updated to the latest driver. Thought this might have something to do with the issue at hand.

Note that my PC was working absolutely fine before the update.

My PC specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700x
Nvidia GTX 1070
Asus Strix B450 F motherboard
8 GB RAM

Could you please help as to what's going on.

Solution
Alright so initially it was the GPU drivers that were causing the issue of black screen while playing games, for which I re-installed the drivers and that fixed the issue. After that my PC would just randomly crash while playing games and it would restart. I couldn't figure out what the issue was so I thoroughly cleaned my PC and changed the slot of my RAM and that fixed the issue for me. I think it was the RAM that was causing the problem. So far the PC hasn't crashed on me yet.

Haris_Shah

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016
Okay so I re-installed the GPU driver using Nvidia Geforce Experience and so far the black screen hasn't appeared again. I will keep playing different games for a few hours to see if it happens anymore.

Haris_Shah

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016
Now I am starting to face another issue, my PC randomly restarts its self while I am playing games. The weird thing is that it shuts down then restarts immediately, shuts down again and then restarts normally.

Haris_Shah

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016
Alright so initially it was the GPU drivers that were causing the issue of black screen while playing games, for which I re-installed the drivers and that fixed the issue. After that my PC would just randomly crash while playing games and it would restart. I couldn't figure out what the issue was so I thoroughly cleaned my PC and changed the slot of my RAM and that fixed the issue for me. I think it was the RAM that was causing the problem. So far the PC hasn't crashed on me yet.

Solution