[SOLVED] Screen turns off and GPU fans spin at full speed [Please help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Yaslord

Reputable
Jul 13, 2019
So whenever I play games my monitor 'sometimes' just shuts off and I hear the GPU fans running at their full speed... I can still hear the game and people talking on Discord but that's it, every time this happens I have to fully shut down the pc for it to work again. I noticed sometimes this happens also when I ALT+TAB...
My specs:
Vega56 Asus Strix
Ryzen 3600 non-x
16gb ram 3000Mhz
B450 tomahawk non-max
EVGA 650W GQ
Windows 10 2004
I really have no idea what causes this and this been annoying me for a while so any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance <3
P.S: I used DDU to roll back to an older version of the driver but that didn't solve it

Solution
55c while gaming is suspiciously low. It's like the GPU is not boosting at higher clocks. Are the games you play demanding?

Is there a reason you haven't upgraded to the latest windows updates? You should in case there is conflicts with the GPU drivers.

Your psu is not one of the best from EVGA, it's not bad either. It might have something to do with your problem. How long do you have it?

Use DDU in safe mode to remove the drivers and install the latest.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
So whenever I play games my monitor 'sometimes' just shuts off and I hear the GPU fans running at their full speed... I can still hear the game and people talking on Discord but that's it, every time this happens I have to fully shut down the pc for it to work again. I noticed sometimes this happens also when I ALT+TAB...
My specs:
Vega56 Asus Strix
Ryzen 3600 non-x
16gb ram 3000Mhz
B450 tomahawk non-max
EVGA 650W GQ
Windows 10 2004
I really have no idea what causes this and this been annoying me for a while so any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance <3
P.S: I used DDU to roll back to an older version of the driver but that didn't solve it
Could be overheating issues, use MSI’s afterburner software to monitor temps when gaming. It’s also best to monitor CPU temps as well as that can cause a system shut down when it overheats.

55c while gaming is suspiciously low. It's like the GPU is not boosting at higher clocks. Are the games you play demanding?

Is there a reason you haven't upgraded to the latest windows updates? You should in case there is conflicts with the GPU drivers.

Your psu is not one of the best from EVGA, it's not bad either. It might have something to do with your problem. How long do you have it?

Solution

R.Yaslord

Reputable
Jul 13, 2019

Your PSU is not one of the best from EVGA, it's not bad either. It might have something to do with your problem. How long do you have it?

I don't really play demanding games but I have my Vsync on so that might explain the lower GPU temps
I had terrible experiences with windows updates, they caused me a lot of issues but I'll give it a try and update it to the latest
I've had all this for about a year and not a single problem until recently
I'll try all the above suggestions hoping this will fix it once and for all. Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.