• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Screen turns off but fans and lights stay on

Apr 23, 2020
realized I posted this in the wrong forum

When I turn off my PC through windows or using the power button on the case the computer will show the sutting down screen and a few seconds later the screen will turn off but my fans, lights and the LED on the power button will stay on. If I press the button again it will do nothing and I have to force shutdown, when I do force shutdown I have to leave the PC for 10- 15 minutes before turning it on again or it will just boot cycle. The constant force shutting down eventually corupted windows and I had to reinstall it which means that it isn't a software problem (also when I switched to my laptop drive the problem stayed), what part of the computer could be the problem. Also I am also not sure when this problem started but this problem sometimes doesn't happen if I have only just turned it on.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS