[SOLVED] Screen went black after windows logo (no cursor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhaikal1171

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
So after I turn on my computer, the screen always went black with no cursor. I try to get into safe mode but after few seconds it just went black. I found a shortcut key somewhere on internet that pressing Ctrl+WinKeys+Shift+B will make my screen appear but its only appear for a few second. What should I do to fix this?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The key combination restarts your graphics driver.... so there's definitely an issue if it'll only reappear for a few seconds in safe mode.

If safemode doesn't work properly, usually you're looking at a hardware issue.

I'd suggest booting to recovery media to see if a "repair" works first of all though.

Please post your full system spec.

hhaikal1171

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Sorry I forgot about my specs because its already happen for 3 months all I can remember is that I dont have any graphic card, I just use my integrated graphic card from pentium g4560 and I dont have SSD, I use 1TB HDD

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Hmmm, that is a little odd - the chances of the onboard graphics of the pentium failing are pretty minimal.

You could be looking at:
*an HDD issue (assuming the issue isn't present in the BIOS?), as it's only occurring inside Windows. A health check using the HDD manufacturer's utility (DataLifeguard from WD, SeaTools from SeaGate, WinDFT from HGST) would be recommended..... although I believe all of those utilities need to be inside Windows, which makes it tough.
*Equally, it could be an issue with your Windows install - although chances should be minimal in safemode.
*Memory issue. Since the iGPU of the Pentium utilizes your system memory, an error in the RAM could = error in the GPU. Running MemTest from a bootable USB would be advisable

Is this OS version legit, activated? Or pirated? That could be another culprit.

if it is integrated then worst case scenario would be a hardware problem with the motherboard.

at this point i would try what was suggested above and get into windows 10 recover mode and do a system repair and if that does not work then backup you data and do a reinstall of windows

if there is no way to get the display working (even if using that key combo now) you will have to use the windows media creation tool to load the windows install disk onto a USB drive and boot from that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
No, you can boot from it (may have to use a manual override one time.... typically F8) and follow the prompts.
There's a "repair" option, or a clean install option.

I'd definitely start with "repair" and see if that fixes the issue. No sense jumping to a clean install and losing everything you have installed.

it will start into it but instead of reinstalling windows try the "repair my computer" option first. that will get you into the recovery menu this option will be in the lower left corner of the window that has the "install now" option

hhaikal1171

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Ok, my screen still going black after I plug my flashdisk but this time my combo key not work so I try to restart my screen many times to be able to see less than 1 sec(which I do dozen times) I tryy the system restore but theres a warning pop up that say I must specify the with windows installation

hhaikal1171

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Desperately, I try to clean install my windows but when it come to partition part the next button didnt show up andthis message appear on the bottom-left warning "windows cannot be installed into this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, on EFI system, windows can only be installed tk GPT disk" what should I do :(

it sounds like you are booting into legacy mode. in the boot menu look for an boot option with UEFI in it. if you do not see an option like that go into BIOS and make sure it is set to boot into UEFI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.