my pc spec are :

CPU : e8400 wolfdale C2D

Ram : 4 gb ddr2

HDD : 1 TB internal + 500 GB external " hard power on usb "

2 dvd writers

motherboard : 945gcm-s2l

graphic card : nvidia 240 GT 1GB DDR 3 " updated to the last version "

PSU : 450 WATTS "Unknowen Brand" chinese

my issue is every time i play games the screen went off , graphic card fan is low temp is 40c or under & it's not overclocked

or game crashes ...

my system is 7 64 bit

what i think is the problem .. " it's not my graphic card cuz i installed my friend graphic card on my PC and the same thing happend ..

i think it's PSU OR motherboard ...

how to know which is my question

thanks for this great community

bye

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
1. What are the games that you tried to run? Something fresh? If yes, then it's highly likely that your GPU's ain't powerful enough to handle that. Try running some older games, like Max Payne, Unreal II, "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines", Anachronox and etc., and see if it works.

2. Did you install latest drivers?

3. It is high probability that PSU could be the problem, since almost all "no-names" are absolute trash that can be quite dangerous.

Also, if you run games from external HDD that's powered through USB, they might work incorrectly, try installing games onto internal hard drive, in the "Program Files" folder as they usually suggest during the installation, this way they'll work the best.

Doode332

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

thank man for replaing :)

it's crush with .. NFS the run & cred III all new games ...

let me download old game like what you said and see what happens there

P.S : i run games from internal HDD , but in different section NOT the C

bye

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Man, that's waaay too fresh for your video card. I think it's not powerful enough to run them even at minimal settings.

Yeah, let's see...

Some games depend on an exact installation in "Program Files" folder for them to work correctly, so you'd better install only there if the game's installer suggests that path by default.