Screen wont Respond when a Case Fan is Connected !!

MontaiL_26

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
So i got a desktop , and i wanted to install a new Case Fan ( before that i had none ) . As i installed it and booted up my computer , the screen kept losing signal and the pc shut off sometimes . Im not sure if its the AMD GPU ( R9 380X ) or the PSU ( 620W ) . But this has left my pc with open Side Panel because there is no Cooling inside the case ..... Anyone got any Tips or Maybe Solutions ? :pt1cable:

Its a 3 pin FAN :heink:

Solution
I'll offer two thoughts to check.
1. (Less likely). Is that fan plugged in ONLY to a mobo header? Some fans come with multi-plug connectors on them and people mistakenly connect them to BOTH a mobo fan header AND a PSU power output. If you did that, DISconnect from the PSU.
2. The fan is plugged into a AUX_FAN connector, you say. Normally it would plug into a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN connector. Now, mobos normally monitor the speed signals coming back from a fan to check whether it has failed (no speed signal) and send you a warning. Some mobos actually will shut down your system to prevent overheating if certain fans fail. It is possible that your mobo is doing that because there is no speed signal arriving at the SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN...

MontaiL_26

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

I connected it to my motherboard . And the Fan seems to function on other PCs i tried ( they are old tho (

MontaiL_26

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

Im not sure i think its the AUX FAN . The one that sits on the back of the Case ....

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'll offer two thoughts to check.
1. (Less likely). Is that fan plugged in ONLY to a mobo header? Some fans come with multi-plug connectors on them and people mistakenly connect them to BOTH a mobo fan header AND a PSU power output. If you did that, DISconnect from the PSU.
2. The fan is plugged into a AUX_FAN connector, you say. Normally it would plug into a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN connector. Now, mobos normally monitor the speed signals coming back from a fan to check whether it has failed (no speed signal) and send you a warning. Some mobos actually will shut down your system to prevent overheating if certain fans fail. It is possible that your mobo is doing that because there is no speed signal arriving at the SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN header that it expects has a case cooling fan attached.

Solution