[SOLVED] SCREENS FREEZING GAMES CRASHING

robwilson96

Reputable
Jul 20, 2016
Hello. I've had an ongoing issue for a week now. I haven't changed any software or hardware to note. Basically when i'm playing WoW my game is freezing. monitors flicker black or sometimes green with pixels, it then loads back in. Sometimes reducing fps but mostly it returns to normal... the bnet client crashes with it also. I'm not sure if it happens with other games as I don't play any. My cpu temps and gpu temps aren't spiking at all. I've reinstalled drivers on my gpu and rolled them back even. I have a gtx 980 and i6700k. Not a clue what is going on! Can anyone help.

thanks for reading

Solution
you need to see whats causing this issue. i would check every aspect of hardware to see what causes it. like leave tskmgr open in back and when screen flashes or turn black or whatever alt tab to tskmgr and see what system resource is causing it.
if you have a crappy hdd then that could be the problem also . sometimes anti-malware on win10 aggressively uses hard drive and everything freezes.
next step would be check your ram setup and cpu settings in bios.
too aggressive cpu overclocking can cause stutter or even crashing sometimes.
last if you didnt find any hardware related problems id troubleshoot software part . reinstall game / drivers / and maybe consider resetting windows as last choice.
Oct 26, 2020
you need to see whats causing this issue. i would check every aspect of hardware to see what causes it. like leave tskmgr open in back and when screen flashes or turn black or whatever alt tab to tskmgr and see what system resource is causing it.
if you have a crappy hdd then that could be the problem also . sometimes anti-malware on win10 aggressively uses hard drive and everything freezes.
next step would be check your ram setup and cpu settings in bios.
too aggressive cpu overclocking can cause stutter or even crashing sometimes.
last if you didnt find any hardware related problems id troubleshoot software part . reinstall game / drivers / and maybe consider resetting windows as last choice.

Solution