hicar128

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
I have an evga 980ti that's served me well over the years, but I'm afraid it may be dying. I just deep cleaned my pc to try and fix the issue (and thought it may have worked yesterday), but it crashed again today. It's happened on a couple different games, but essentially my two monitors go black while I still hear friends in discord and game audio. Both of them stay black for a 30 seconds to a minute then (sometimes) there's a glitchy image on the second monitor (see below). I'm not really sure what to try I'm gonna try and reinstall my gpu driver and fingers crossed that'll work. I guess it could be my PSU, but I don't know anyone nearby with a PC I could test my card on. Should I try using a different slot on my motherboard? Would that matter?

Image I mentioned:
View: https://imgur.com/a/GgGjiYB

This happened two days ago and I cleaned it yesterday morning. Games ran fine last night

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!

hicar128

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
check gpu temp?

Just checked the temp... its 64 C with no games running... which seems kinda high. Not sure how high it was before I got rid of the dust. If it crashes today, would it tell me the temp/is there a way to check the temperature overtime? (yesterday?)

Full system specs are here:
Intel i7-5930K
msi x99s sli plus motherboard
Corsair AX760 PSU
Corsair vengeance lpx 16 GB (4x4) DDR4-2400

hicar128

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
Also forgot to add I have a hard drive, an SSD, a blu-ray drive, and Corsair h100i CPU water cooler (I think that's everything). I guess if it's the power supply all those could be factors as well. I've ran the open modern warfare II beta fine without any problems knocking on wood yesterday.

I'm kinda new to checking the status of different things on my computer, so sorry if some of the info I'm providing/questions I'm asking are strange. In my last comment I mentioned that I thought 64 degrees C was kinda high for idle. I saw some things about people having high resting temps in "maximum performance mode" in Nvidia control panel, but mine is set to "optimal power," so I'm too sure if that could be it. I'm wondering if the fact I have two monitors active (and a non-active TV connected with HDMI) could be why the GPU's resting temperature is 64 C?