Screens not detected by gpu, beep with a pause then two quick beeps

FoxyAbyss

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Hi, so I have a built rig and it was working fine up until I noticed one of my displays (dvi) had some discolored specs on it so I cut it off and cut it back on and then it was getting no signal at all. My screen with through hdmi was still working but unfortunately everything would open on the dvi screen as if it was still being detected by my gpu so I couldn't go into settings and disable it. I have tried rebooting and now neither display will receive a signal from the gpu. I've tried pulling out the gpu to try and get the PC to reset the drivers and re-inserting. I've tried to clear cmos with it out and reboot and whatnot, even popped out the ram for an off chance that may fix it. Still nothing. I get a beep and then a pause and then 2 quick beeps with blank screens. I've got a Msi gtx 970 and a msi x58 pro mobo with an i7 980x cpu if it helps any

FoxyAbyss

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
update: i let it sit for a while and tried it again. the 2 beeps are not happening anymore so i plugged in a new display via hdmi. the screen says windows cannot startup due to a recent change in hardware or software and to insert the windows disk to do a repar. once the disc is inserted and go to repai it says i cant because of some windows minidump on the D: drive is corrupt. im just gonna reinstall from scratch and hope that that will fix it. will not get the most recent nvidia driver also as that is what i believe to hve set the entire thing in motion in the first place