Sep 27, 2019
Hi All,

I need some help troubleshooting my PC setup. The PC runs perfectly fine, but screens just won't get detected on boot (even BIOS screen is blank) The screens IED briefly blinks with connection received and then fade with no signal detected. If I cold boot (hold power down until power-off) straight after, and boot again the PC boots normally everything works just fine. It's as if Windows in the shutdown sequence causes something not to detect the Screens / GPU on bootup next time round. If I kill the power, or just hold-down the power until PC is down, and start back up everything boots fine, but shutting down with windows causes the above-mentioned scenario.

Please any input of feedback will be GREATLY appreciated

PC Setup:
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
Motherboard: MSI 350M Mortar
RAM: 32Gb Ripjaws 3200Mhz
GPU: MSI TX1070Ti Gaming
Drive: M.2 SSD - Samsung
PSU: 650Watt Corsair

My troubleshooting thus far:
Removed GPU and place in different PC, no issues.
Remove and re-install nvidea drivers (DCH drivers)
Format SSD and re-install Windows (Windows 10 64bit)
Tried different ports, cables and tested screens on another PC, no issues
Downgraded and upgraded BIOS of Motherboard.
Removed CMOS bat for 30min

First time posting on Tom's Hardware :)

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS are you currently working with on your motherboard? Ideally you shouldn't downgrade to an older BIOS version to prevent it from bricking and likewise you should update towards the latest unless there is proper mention not to in case your processor will see no support from the motherboard(read; older CPU's support being removed for need of Ryzen 3000 series processors).

What is the model for your 650W Corsair unit?

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the quick response Lutfij

I agree, BIOS downgrades are usually not a good idea, but I simply ran out of answers. I'm currently running a Jan 2019 BIOS (downgraded from July edition) but looking at notes the only improvements are new Ryzen Chips support and Mouse (click) functionality in BIOS.

BIOS:
Version (2019-01-24)
7A37v1K

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-MORTAR#down-bios

OS Info:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1903
OS Build: 18362.356

PSU:
Corsair CX650M 650W 80 Plus Bronze Certified

Thanks again

P