Screensaver won't load

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I'm having a problem with my screensaver and I don't know why I can't get it to load. I had it working just find until I accidentally changed the theme of the desktop. I changed it and it went to some high contrast theme but I changed it back soon after. I noticed when I went back to my original theme, the screensaver was set to none. I left it alone and it never went to screensaver like it was suppose to. I tried changing the settings to see if that would help but it refuses to move from none. The window will let me set the screensaver but the overall theme still says none on theme. No matter which theme I set it to now.

The registry still has screensaver enabled, all permissions are properly set and double checked, there are no wireless mouses or keyboards that are hooked up to my computer. Can anyone please help? Its windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Actually no I didn't but I don't really want to try it since the thing about my computer is that I have a hard time booting it up at times. The power supply is at its limit somewhat but thats a different issue. I can turn my computer on but I just don't like having to deal with it's whining at times.

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Well, I'm not going to say no to a restart but I would prefer I not have to. If its needed then by all means that's fine. I was hoping for a solution that didn't require it.

Its not that i can't restart it, i just don't like having to wait for it to boot and possibly have to do it all over again because of a hang. The thing about it is the fact that when I restart it might hang and never load the login screen but I already know why thats happening.