Question Screenshot apps that overcome the limitations of Windows snipping tools

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I have used Snip & Sketch and the Snipping Tool of Windows 10. I found them lacking in the following aspects:

1. No user selectable save location.
  2. I can choose among taking the entire screen, a specific window, or define my own rectangular box.

In case I want to be able to take a screenshot at a specific region of the screen but without the need to define the rectangular box every single time I use the tool, what app do you recommend? Certainly, I also want the app to save the files in user specified location.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
How about IrfanView?
Link: https://www.irfanview.com/

I have it and i use it to take whole screen captures, with user defined hotkey. Also, it automatically saves images into user defined location, with user defined filename. Now, i checked the capture settings and it does offer user defined rectangular box as well. And as far as i can tell, X, Y, width and height values are saved and remain, until changed again.

Here's what IrfanView offers:

xPyV2xN.png

Note: i have version 4.51 and i know that it's old. But "if it ain't broke - don't fix it". So, i haven't updated it in years. :sweatsmile:

Reactions: modeonoff

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
How about IrfanView?
Link: https://www.irfanview.com/

I have it and i use it to take whole screen captures, with user defined hotkey. Also, it automatically saves images into user defined location, with user defined filename. Now, i checked the capture settings and it does offer user defined rectangular box as well. And as far as i can tell, X, Y, width and height values are saved and remain, until changed again.

Here's what IrfanView offers:

xPyV2xN.png

Note: i have version 4.51 and i know that it's old. But "if it ain't broke - don't fix it". So, i haven't updated it in years. :sweatsmile:

Thanks. Do you know how to reset the page count number back to 1?

Latest posts