Screenshot Folder Lost

hassan_8727

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
I recently changed my Default Screenshot (win + PrtSc) folder to "C:\Users\Alpha\Desktop".
I tried to change it back to some other folder but I cannot find the way to change it.
When I try to open the screenshot folder location, it shows the location of Desktop, "C:\Users\Alpha\Desktop".

Any way I can recover the folder to its previous state? I don't have a recovery point on my windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Hi, run Regedit.exe. At the top, paste in the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
and press Enter to load that key.

Expand the columns on the right so you can see everything. Take a screen shot. Post the screen shot to a image hosting website such as https://postimages.org/ The site will give you an address that you can paste here so I can see the screen shot.

This is what mine looks like:
reg1.png
Don't worry about making the picture show up in here, just providing a link is good enough.

Do not edit or change anything unless asked to do so. If we need to change anything, we will make a backup first.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, run Regedit.exe. At the top, paste in the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
and press Enter to load that key.

Expand the columns on the right so you can see everything. Take a screen shot. Post the screen shot to a image hosting website such as https://postimages.org/ The site will give you an address that you can paste here so I can see the screen shot.

This is what mine looks like:
reg1.png
Don't worry about making the picture show up in here, just providing a link is good enough.

Do not edit or change anything unless asked to do so. If we need to change anything, we will make a backup first.

Solution

hassan_8727

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012

I found article on Google that resolved the issue by entering a new Registry. Thanks bro!