Question Screw got out from mobo

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
Hello
My pc was on repair 1 week ago today i just opened the case for check which psu they put inside when i open i hear screw movment in my case after search a little i found the screw and i saw 1 missing screw on the motherboard i tried to screw it back to the spot but it wont screw in its just spining around none stop
I want to ask if its dangerous to stay without 1 screw? Its necessary to send it to repair again? I really dont know how to fix that im afraid to pull out all the mobo from the case i never done it

Reactions: JoBalz

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
Hello
My pc was on repair 1 week ago today i just opened the case for check which psu they put inside when i open i hear screw movment in my case after search a little i found the screw and i saw 1 missing screw on the motherboard i tried to screw it back to the spot but it wont screw in its just spining around none stop
I want to ask if its dangerous to stay without 1 screw? Its necessary to send it to repair again? I really dont know how to fix that im afraid to pull out all the mobo from the case i never done it

Sounds as if someone stripped the hole in the standoff underneath the motherboard if this screw just spins around (barring the possibility this screw wasn't from something else!) I agree, as long as other screws are there and the motherboard is stable in the case, simply toss the screw and don't worry about it, you'll be fine.