Screw Rambus!!

G

I hate RAMBUS. They have done nothing but force players in the computer industry to take sides. They drew lines in the sand, and said,"If you cross this line we will sue you!" They are not respected at all from what I see, nor are they respectful to others that helped them get where they are. I say screw them for not playing well with others. If they have done anything for us at all, it has been the slowing down of the progression of computers in the last year and a half considerably by dividing everyone on standards. This has caused litigation for court and lawyers fees though the wazoo! Why are they doing this? I hope the FTC finds them guilty on all charges brought against them!

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
"We are the Borg. Lower your sheilds and surrender your ships. Your biological and technilogical distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance <b>is</b> Futile!"

Adapted version: "We are the Rambus. Lower your performance and surrender your money. Your hard earned cash and memory choices will be taken from you. Your motherboard will adapt to service us. Resistance is DDR!"

- "That's no moon, it's Rambus!"

Hit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Love the OB-1 quote. "That's no moon..."

I have been lurking and picking up things here and there about Rambus. The latest interview I've red quotes Rambus VP of Marketing Kanadjian wanting to "educate the market."

<A HREF="http://www.electronicnews.com/enews/Issue/FreeIssues/2001/02052001/0202051f-2.asp " target="_new">http://www.electronicnews.com/enews/Issue/FreeIssues/2001/02052001/0202051f-2.asp </A>

The market he speaks of is of those companies Rambus licenses their Intellectual Properties with. What he doesn’t know is that they are rubbing the consumer market the wrong way (us) with conform or die tactics. If a product made by oh, lets say Samsung Semiconductor, has the Rambus name on it, that product in my humble opinion, is less likely to sell. But then, the product is too expensive anyway because of all the royalties involved.

On paper Rambus is an investors dream. With a profit margin through the roof and a very low overhead, it's very tempting to buy their stock. However, if the company goes under, like I'm sure some of us want to see, those who invest could lose their shirt (Intel). Rambus has no capital to sell, no plants, no products, nothing to pay off the investors.

I feel if Rambus succeeds with any of their pending law suits, we will see a nuclear war in the PC industry.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hit on 02/11/01 03:13 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Hey Tempus, good to meet another trekkie, but to test you I have to ask you a question, Where did the Federation fleet engage the borg, and who was killed there?, If you can answer that then you truly are a trekkie.
Live Long and Prosper