Screw touching top of PSU

jplocke85

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
So I have mounted my reservoir/pump horizontally onto the top of my Corsair 460x power supply shroud. To do this I had to drill some holes into the shroud itself. When the screws pass through the holes that I drilled, they touch the top of the power supply (Corsair Corsair RMx Series, RM750x, 750W, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified) which is mounted with the fan pointed downwards through the bottom of the case. Is the top of the power supply case conductive? It feels like it could be plastic. Please advise. Thanks!

Solution
While it may feel like a plastic, the PSU casing is made out of metal and it's conductive. Though it's also grounded and there's no risk of your PSU transferring live power via it's casing and the touching screw to the internal components of your PC.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While it may feel like a plastic, the PSU casing is made out of metal and it's conductive. Though it's also grounded and there's no risk of your PSU transferring live power via it's casing and the touching screw to the internal components of your PC.

Solution

jplocke85

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

Fantastic, so if I am understanding you correctly, having the screw touch the top of my PSU shouldn't damage my PSU or any of my other attached components because it is grounded, correct?