screwball battery tangling with keyboard?? Pav xt4316wm

Anybody heard of this? My kb was acting up, missing keystrokes and
making my text look really choppy...ok, so i was gonna check the model
# of my battery...i remove it and my kb is fine.

what the hec??

my battery is dead, nothing on the side gauge.the orange light flashes
with and w/ut the batt installed...

so is this thing just yelling at me to get a new battery?!

other than that, this laptop is great even tho it's a Compaq in HP
skin...oh well, same difference

Yup, it doesn't surprise me one bit. As a failing battery will draw as
much power as it can to charge itself. And when they are really weak,
they will never charge up.

For future reference, don't keep your battery in the laptop when it is
off or is running off of AC. As it will last much longer.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Date: 26 Mar 2005 08:41:03 -0800

Anybody heard of this? My kb was acting up, missing keystrokes and
making my text look really choppy...ok, so i was gonna check the model
# of my battery...i remove it and my kb is fine.

what the hec??

my battery is dead, nothing on the side gauge.the orange light flashes
with and w/ut the batt installed...

so is this thing just yelling at me to get a new battery?!

other than that, this laptop is great even tho it's a Compaq in HP
skin...oh well, same difference

Okeedoke, makse sense to me. I'll grab a new battery then. Thanks.

BillW50 wrote:
> Yup, it doesn't surprise me one bit. As a failing battery will draw as
> much power as it can to charge itself. And when they are really weak,
> they will never charge up.

My xt4316wm is doing EXACTLY what the OP described--but only when I've
booted it up under 'doze. When I'm running Linux on it, the keyboard
types as smoothly as possible, without the missing keystrokes like in 'doze.