Question Screws for Arctic’s liquid freezer ii 360

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello, recently I installed the Arctic liquid freezer II 360 Aio for my lga 1700 Socket z690 board and I had an issue with the screws that came with it specifically the ones for the mounting clips. The manual showed that I’m suppose to use the longer screws for the mounting clips but I could not get those to fit what so ever so I ended up using the shorter screws that the manual says is for the radiator since these screws fit with almost no effort as opposed to the longer one. At the time of installation I thought that all the long screws can be used for any mounting clip because they all look very similar, but apparently the AMD mounting clip screws are slightly different and maybe these were the ones I was trying to use and that’s why they wouldn’t fit. My question now is, is there any harm in keeping the aio installed as it is with he shorter screws used for the mounting clips or should I go through the hassle of taking everything out and try fitting the longer screws onto the mounting clips again? Thank you

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
z690 board
Make and model of the board in question?

The manual;
https://support.arctic.de/en/lf2-360
does show the use of the longer standoff from the motherboard's PCB. Might want to add images to the issue you speak of for greater context.
Z690 aorus pro ddr5 and Im specially talking about the screws for the pump’s mounting clips. I can’t post a picture atm but the smaller screw that the manual labels as “radiator screw” fit just fine through the pump and the mounting clip, but the longer one didn’t.

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
View: https://youtu.be/zdNL0Tn23Vg?t=64

^ The longer screws should go in just fine... :/
Well currently the aio is already installed and need to figure out 2 things
1- is it okay to keep it in there using the smaller screws for the mounting clip? The aio seems to be working fine and the temps are ok
2- are there 2 different kinds of long screws one for amd and one for intel? Because all the long screws look the same to me.

Edit: the video you linked shows the guy using the shorter screw, which was the one I used

Last edited:
Well currently the aio is already installed and need to figure out 2 things
1- is it okay to keep it in there using the smaller screws for the mounting clip? The aio seems to be working fine and the temps are ok
2- are there 2 different kinds of long screws one for amd and one for intel? Because all the long screws look the same to me.

Edit: the video you linked shows the guy using the shorter screw, which was the one I used
There are few versions of same AIO. Ver 1 and 2 have different mounts than later ones so you have to know which exact version you have.
Ryzen AMD MBs come with own backplate and screws are different than for Intel
Bracket to MB/back plate have screws with a shoulder above threads so pressure is determined an equal.
12 long screws with short threads and no shoulder are for mounting fans to radiator ans 12 very short ones are to mount radiator to case. Those are same for AMD and Intel.

TRENDING THREADS