Script problems via GPO

pc

Hi All,

I am trying to run a script deployed via GPO but with no luck, I get an
event in the security log....

Privileged Service Called:
Server: Security
Service: -
Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0xC98B)
Client User Name: -
Client Domain: -
Client Logon ID: -
Privileges: SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege

I am trying to import a registry entry to all users on our domain, without
the need for user intervention. I have created 2 scripts...one to copy of
the .reg file and then one to run it once copied. The file copies over fne
but I get the above error when the second script to run. I have also tried
the same commands in the one script but with the same error message. The
registry entry is....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Security]
"CheckAdminSettings"=dword:00000001

I have used the regedit.exe /s within the script....it works if the script
is clicked on manually but not when it is run via GPO.

Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks,

PC.

Are you deploying the script on the computers side or user side of the GPO?
If you want all pc's to have it make sure you deploy it in "Computer
Configuration" You may be having permissions issues if you are running on
the user side and they dont have access the the reg keys.

Philip Nunn

"pc" <pc@pc.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to run a script deployed via GPO but with no luck, I get an
> event in the security log....
>
> Privileged Service Called:
> Server: Security
> Service: -
> Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0xC98B)
> Client User Name: -
> Client Domain: -
> Client Logon ID: -
> Privileges: SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
>

> I am trying to import a registry entry to all users on our domain,
without
> the need for user intervention. I have created 2 scripts...one to copy of
> the .reg file and then one to run it once copied. The file copies over
fne
> but I get the above error when the second script to run. I have also
tried
> the same commands in the one script but with the same error message. The
> registry entry is....
>
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Security]
> "CheckAdminSettings"=dword:00000001
>

> I have used the regedit.exe /s within the script....it works if the script
> is clicked on manually but not when it is run via GPO.
>
> Anybody got any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> PC.

pc

Hi,

I have tried both on user and computer config but with no luck, I get the
security error message each time. All users are admins of their machines so
i cant see why this wouldn't run!

Thanks,

PC.