Question Scrolling Issues

mrallanson

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
I have an HP Pavilion 17 running Windows 10 Home. When I'm on a website, sometimes the page will scroll to the bottom by itself. I have to press the delete key on the keyboard to stop the scrolling but it starts up again sometime later. The problem happens if the computer is restarted and it could take weeks before the computer stops scrolling by itself. I don't know what the issue is or how to fix it from the start.

Sounds like a circuit is randomly being triggered with no intervention; I'm guessing it's a malfunctioning key on your keyboard (e.g. the Page Down key) or your touchpad/mouse's scrolling feature/mouse wheel.

If you're not touching anything when it happens, you might need to replace one of those components. Isolating which device it is may prove to be a little tricky... Consider having a tech take a look.

mrallanson

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
I ran a hardware diagnostic and when I went to the keyboard, my Page Down key was stuck. I couldn't un-stick it so I went to Device Manager and uninstalled it. The computer said to reboot for the changes to take place but it didn't seem to work once it was restarted. It's not scrolling as much but it's still happening here and there. I haven't run a diagnostic again yet.