Question Scrolling Stutter, no TPM, Battery Related?

Jun 1, 2020
I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 that while a few years old is still reasonably powerful, more than enough for browsing the internet at least. However, there is a really annoying problem and that is this lag or stutter that occurs when I'm on a webpage. I'll leave my cursor alone while reading something and more times than not, I'll hit the down arrow or my scroll wheel and nothing happens for around 0.25-0.5 seconds, and then the webpage will snap down to where it should have smoothly scrolled to. It happens often enough to annoy me, and I notice it doesn't occur within windows explorer.

Another issue is when I boot, there is always a warning that says "Alert! TPM Device not detected". I can continue past this and boot no problem, but being that I just installed a nice NVMe drive it's pretty annoying to not get those fast boot speeds. As my laptop aged, the battery has gotten really terrible and needs replacing so I'm wondering if this could be the cause of these little hiccups and inconsistencies. If anyone has some insight towards these issues, I'd love to hear.

ASK THE COMMUNITY