noman

Picked up the game yesterday from a local CompUSA. They offer the same
deal on their website.
--
Noman

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, noman wrote:

thank for this great info!

another proof why retail is the best for pc games!
long live pc games!
long live retail!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

sayNO2steam wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, noman wrote:
>
> thank for this great info!
>
> another proof why retail is the best for pc games!
> long live pc games!
> long live retail!

You mean you didn't buy it day one like you tell everyone else to?

"noman" wrote:

> Picked up the game yesterday from a local CompUSA. They offer the same
> deal on their website.

Noman: I saw - just last night - McGee's Scrapland in the Clearance bin at
Target's for $8.44. Mint condition.

Didn't buy it, though, since I'm a dreaded (gasp!) Adventure gamer. Bought
*Return to Mysterious Island* (Schizm 2) for $4.98 instead.

Is Scrapland as wacky as American McGee's Alice? Or even better? :)

Thanks!

Mark

noman

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:27:03 GMT, "MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>"noman" wrote:
>
>> Picked up the game yesterday from a local CompUSA. They offer the same
>> deal on their website.
>
>Noman: I saw - just last night - McGee's Scrapland in the Clearance bin at
>Target's for $8.44. Mint condition.

Target's clearance bins are pretty good. Although each store has a
different deal. Normally, they put a game for sale every Monday and
then continue to mark the game down every other week or so, until they
run out of it.

>Didn't buy it, though, since I'm a dreaded (gasp!) Adventure gamer. Bought
>*Return to Mysterious Island* (Schizm 2) for $4.98 instead.

That was quick. It got pretty decent reviews though. By the way, if
you have a Frys Electronics in the area, you can get 'Moment of
Silence' for $20.

>Is Scrapland as wacky as American McGee's Alice? Or even better? :)

Scrapland is an action title made by the same people who created Blade
of Darkness. The setting is a bit out of ordinary. It's set in a
future where humans left planet Earth designating it as a scrapheap
and so it's populated by robots. The artstyle is interesting,
something of a mix of Futurama and Grim Fandango. The plot involves a
murder mystery. The game has third person and vehicular action. The
closest in terms of gameplay would be an old action title "G-Police",
except that Scrapland has simpler controls.
--
Noman

Andrew

wrote:

>Is Scrapland as wacky as American McGee's Alice? Or even better? :)

Its offbeat and entertaining, but more aimed at a younger audience. It
is a very different animal to the wonderful Alice.

nostromo

Thus spake noman <no_m_an@zzzyahoo.yycom>, Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:52:44 -0800,
Anno Domini:

>Picked up the game yesterday from a local CompUSA. They offer the same
>deal on their website.

That's a bit sad - didn't even make the premium bucket? Or has this been out
for a while & I slept through it? :-/

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>Thus spake noman <no_m_an@zzzyahoo.yycom>, Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:52:44 -0800,
>Anno Domini:
>
>>Picked up the game yesterday from a local CompUSA. They offer the same
>>deal on their website.
>
>That's a bit sad - didn't even make the premium bucket? Or has this been out
>for a while & I slept through it? :-/

What's Scrapland?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

you must understand, although i'm a true pc gamer i don't buy every
single game released
don't ask me why but scrapland was never on my "to buy list", its on
my list but i have a comment of "not interested"
i'm not sure why it never interested me but probably its cause being
a third person only shooter
but i can't say for sure i would not buy it if i saw it in a bargain

--

sayNO2lithium wrote:

> you must understand, although i'm a true pc gamer i don't buy every
> single game released
> don't ask me why but scrapland was never on my "to buy list", its on
> my list but i have a comment of "not interested"
> i'm not sure why it never interested me but probably its cause being
> a third person only shooter
> but i can't say for sure i would not buy it if i saw it in a bargain

Then you madam, are a fraud. I have purchased every PC game released this
year. All are
sealed in my Gaming Room behind bullet-proof glass as to not deteriorate in
value. I plan on opening a PC game museum in a few months. I suspect that
trillions of people will come to my museum yearly to see box covers of
games.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, "MP" wrote:

> Noman: I saw - just last night - McGee's Scrapland in the Clearance bin at
> Target's for $8.44. Mint condition.
>
> Didn't buy it, though, since I'm a dreaded (gasp!) Adventure gamer. Bought
> *Return to Mysterious Island* (Schizm 2) for $4.98 instead.

thanks for this great info!
another heaven like scenario for any pc gamer brought to you by
the wonderful retail channel!
long live the retail channel!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

again you fail to address the real issues in pc game packaging
for optimal pc game storage keep it in a vertical position, dust free
and low light environment

ps: you manipulate my alias but look at what kind of manipulation i
could do with yours... hank the RAP!ST