SCSI Scanner

What do I need to do to get rid of new hardware found screen I get for my
Epson Perfection 600 Scanner? Have installed ASPI layer and the scanner
works with VueScan. Win XP is probably looking for a SCSI driver or
something, but Adaptec says Win XP supports my card, so I really not sure
what to try. My SCSI card must be working or how would VueScan work with my
Scanner. Any help would be appreciated.

"Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
> What do I need to do to get rid of new hardware found screen I get for my
> Epson Perfection 600 Scanner? Have installed ASPI layer and the scanner
> works with VueScan. Win XP is probably looking for a SCSI driver or
> something, but Adaptec says Win XP supports my card, so I really not sure
> what to try. My SCSI card must be working or how would VueScan work with
my
> Scanner. Any help would be appreciated.

If you can get XP to automatically try to install a driver, when it can not
find a driver, XP should put a red or yellow mark in the Device Manager for
the scanner device.

Leave the bad device in Device Manager, and XP will quit asking.

In other words let XP complete the Hardware wizard.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thanks for the help