[SOLVED] Scythe Fuma 2 Questions

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to build a new gaming PC when the current CPU and GPU price and stock issues get ironed out. I already purchases some of the PC components this past Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but they are still in their packaging. My primary use for the PC will be for gaming with a secondary use for basic drone video editing (not Hollywood-level video editing). I do not plan to overclock. My questions have to do with the Scythe Fuma 2 CPU cooler. I plan to use an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X for the CPU. The motherboard is a Gigabyte X570 UD ATX AM4 Motherboard. The PC case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass ATX Full Tower Case. If necessary to help answer the questions, the RAM that I will use is a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory. I will provide links for the components at the bottom of this post.

My questions are:

1. I plan to use the Scythe Fuma 2 CPU cooler, with an optional Scythe fan added to provide maximum cooling (the optional fan is the thicker depth version). Will this CPU cooler be sufficient for my cooling needs or do I need something else?

2. I have looked at the dimension specifications for both my PC case and CPU cooler. It appears that based on those listed dimensions, the CPU cooler should fit in the case. If anyone else has also used this CPU cooler with the mentioned PC case and/or motherboard, have you encountered any mounting or spacing issues with this CPU cooler?

Scythe FUMA 2 120mm CPU Cooler (memoryc.com)

GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Phanteks Enthoo Pro TG PH-ES614PTG_BK Integrated RGB lighting Tempered Glass Side Panel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Black - Newegg.com

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM Memory - Newegg.com

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I think Fuma 2 will be more than good enough for 5900X (as it seems Phanteks Enthoo Pro has enough airflow).
I'm using Scythe Mugen 5 on 5900X and everything is just fine (and Fuma 2 is even better performer according to reviews). Actually I'm thinking to get Fuma 2... so I can keep case fans at lower speeds on hot summer days.
Water cooling.. what's that?.. ah yes, is reserved for Intel heat plates.. ;-)
I think Fuma 2 will be more than good enough for 5900X (as it seems Phanteks Enthoo Pro has enough airflow).
I'm using Scythe Mugen 5 on 5900X and everything is just fine (and Fuma 2 is even better performer according to reviews). Actually I'm thinking to get Fuma 2... so I can keep case fans at lower speeds on hot summer days.
Water cooling.. what's that?.. ah yes, is reserved for Intel heat plates.. ;-)

Solution