Question Scythe mugen 5 not compatible with ASRock z690m ?

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Hi, I am building a mITX with ASRock z690m in a MasterBox NR200P case. Looking for a cooler I was thinking of the scythe mugen 5 rev c. But after a little research i dont find them in compatibility lists (scythe site). Does anybody know if it fits? The case arrives thursday so untill then I can't do any measuring in the case and motherboard (already arrived).

From Cooler Masters product page for MasterBox NR200P:
Clearance - CPU Cooler 76mm (GPU in vertical position), 153mm (tempered glass side panel), 155mm (vented steel side panel)

From Scythes product page for Mugen 5: Height 154.5mm

So, depending on which version of the case you bought, it will or it wouldn't fit.

The NR200P comes with the choice of a vented steel side panel for unrestricted airflow, or a crystal-clear tempered glass side panel to reveal the beauty of a computing beast.

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Clearance - CPU Cooler 76mm (GPU in vertical position), 153mm (tempered glass side panel), 155mm (vented steel side panel)

From Scythes product page for Mugen 5: Height 154.5mm

So, depending on which version of the case you bought, it will or it wouldn't fit.

The NR200P comes with the choice of a vented steel side panel for unrestricted airflow, or a crystal-clear tempered glass side panel to reveal the beauty of a computing beast.
I bought the P version, many reviews said it would fit in the P version. I think the motherboard may not be compatible because of the ram location, thursday i can do some measurements with the motherboard in the case.