[SOLVED] SD Card backup question

Aug 31, 2019
Hi, I need to back up photos from SD cards to an external drive while traveling. I won't have a computer / laptop with me so I'm looking for a hard drive with an SD card reader. So far the only reasonably priced thing I've seen is the WD My Passport Pro for around $150. It gets some wonky reviews so I'm not sure I want to trust it in the field. Does anyone know of any other options or is this pretty much it? Thanks!

Solution
Do you have a budget for this? That WD is the budget option and something like a Gnarbox2 would multiply it by 10.

Also consider that a backup is a 2nd copy; so if you are just going to reuse the SD card then consider just getting more sd cards instead of putting all of your eggs in one basket. (If the external drive gets dropped, there goes all of your work.)

popatim

Titan
Do you have a budget for this? That WD is the budget option and something like a Gnarbox2 would multiply it by 10.

Also consider that a backup is a 2nd copy; so if you are just going to reuse the SD card then consider just getting more sd cards instead of putting all of your eggs in one basket. (If the external drive gets dropped, there goes all of your work.)

Solution