Question SD card either won't write or breaks apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltapacker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
I have an android tablet that has limited space, so I bought an SD card for it. The problem is, when it asked if I wanted to transfer data over to the SD card and I allowed it, it transferred over what I assume to be some important files that keep the device functional, because afterwards I started getting errors that certain apps had "suddenly stopped working" and I would not be able to run them again until I rebooted the device. This happens EVERY TIME I put the device to sleep. Once I click that little button, it pretty much breaks most of my apps until I reboot again.

So after a while I sat down and took some time to back up my stuff, factory reset the tablet, and not make the same mistake twice... which didn't last long.

This time around I put in the SD card, formatted it as extended internal storage and refused transfer of data, but this lead to a NEW problem: the SD card wasn't working as intended. Sure, I could transfer a couple of apps by going into app info and changing their storage from internal to the SD card, but that's it. I had zero options to auto/manually save or transfer music, videos, images, documents, etc to the SD card; in fact, the card didn't even have those categories when viewed it through the storage utility. So I just assumed it would eventually write to the card as I ran out of the base internal storage, but it didn't.

After getting just about everything back on the tablet, the last order of business was reinstalling my largest apps - and I ran out of storage space halfway through the second one. My tablet was refusing to write to the card. So I thought I'd go into app info and change the storage manually like I did for some apps before, but it would just give me the error that there wasn't enough space to do so despite the card clearly having space. So I had to go back and allow the transfer of data. You can guess what happened next. Yes, allowing this process allowed me to write to the SD card and start saving images/videos and transfer over apps to it, but just like the first time around it BREAKS MY APPS EVERY TIME I PUT THE DEVICE TO SLEEP! There's no option to transfer files back to internal storage from the SD either.

I'm tearing out my hair over this thing. How do I make this work? Any help would be much appreciated.

deltapacker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
Have you tried a different SD card?
I don't have one. I suppose I could order a new one and try it out, but the one I currently have was bought specifically for the tablet, so that would mean it came to me defective.

The SD card is a Samsung EVO Select and the tablet is a MeBerrry running version 10, if that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.