Sd card error card not being recognised

andywoff

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello,
i have an sd card which has been removed incorrectly from a card slot in a tv, resulting in an error on the card. my fuji camera tells me the card is protected, my dell laptop sd card slot does not recognise that a card has been entered. i have downloaded software to recover the files from this card, but as far as the computer is concerned there is no card to access, so the software has nothing to work on. can anyone help me recover the photos on this card?

andywoff

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
yes, thanks for your reply. i've just tried to insert the card with the tab in each position since your reply, and the computer doesnt register any external memory being attached/accessible in either position. my camera says variously "card error" and "card is protected". the problem started when the owner of the card viewed the pictures on it via a tv, but removed the card without preparing the card for ejection.

andywoff

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
thanks also for the link, but if the problem was simply about write protection, would i be able to view images already on the card? as it is, the card doesnt register at all as even being in the card reader on my laptop, and in my camera i am unable to view any images

andywoff

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
thanks for that olivia, but the corrupted card will not register in my card reader, do you know if this can be addressed?
the problem i have is that i cannot direct the recovery software to the problem files as their is nothing showing in the card reader drive, ie, no files to work on. if i connect via usb with the card in my camera, the camera is recognised but no files are shown at all, so again, nowhere to direct the recovery software to perform its work.

any ideas, anyone?!