[SOLVED] SD used in camera issues--Help Please :)--

King_justin

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well.

I have a issue that I may be unfamiliar with. I have a family member that has brought this issue to me to see if I can help. I will note that I will get the laptop, SD card, and the camera later. I've not actually looked into it yet, but I wanted to share what this person shared with me on what the issue is.

This person has taken a lot of pictures here lately (their job). They tried to post a few of the pictures on Facebook, but they where blurry. They're not blurry on their camera. They tried to go to Walmart and Walgreen's kiosk but the pictures will not show up when they insert the SD card. They are able to move the pictures out of the SD card on laptop when they plug it in. They've moved the pictures from the SD card and put them onto a USB and tried the kiosks again, but they where still not showing up. A last ditch effort, they tried going to walmarts website and tried uploading them to have them printed but the website wouldn't load the pictures either. Someone said to her that the SD card might have been formatted? But that doesn't sound right?

I'm not sure how they can see it on their camera and laptop, but can't be seen in two different kiosk and two different locations, and also can't be uploading to walmart's website. Why was they blurry on Facebook?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I feel like it revolves around the storage device, but it does span to different areas.

Thank you for any potential help!!

EDIT: This person has used the same camera and laptop for at least the last couple years without ever having this problem.

Last edited:
Solution
You might want to look at the make and model of the camera she uses and what format she takes pictures in. Often times taking pictures in RAW format might need the end user to install a plugin for the OS or an app to view the images.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to look at the make and model of the camera she uses and what format she takes pictures in. Often times taking pictures in RAW format might need the end user to install a plugin for the OS or an app to view the images.

Solution

King_justin

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
Okay, I will take a look into it. I will say, she's been taking pictures for years using ( i assume) the same camera and laptop (i know she's been using it for at least a couple years) and have never had this problem.

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
Yes as lutfij mentioned above only certain programs will open RAW images. I they are RAW files just open them in photoshop and export them as JPEG images. If they are RAW the names will probably all end with NEF.