MOBO - Asrock H67M
CPU - Intel 2600 i7
Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury (16gb)
GPU - MSI GeFroce 970 4GB
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold
Storage - Samsung EVO 850 250GB

OS - Windows 10

Overview:
Two days ago I turned my PC on and my computer loaded directly to the BIOS screen with no start up beep. The odd thing is under the storage option in the BIOS it recognises my SSD but the are no bootable devices listed in the BIOS. Also note I had another 250GB SSD as my storage device which mysteriously stopped working about a month ago.

What I've tried already:
Swapping out the SATA cable and trying different SATA ports in the MOBO.
Hitting F8 to bring up the manual bootable device list at startup, but list is empty.
Changed Legacy to UFEI which froze my BIOS on startup so I had to clear CMOS.
Cleared CMOS on MOBO to refresh BIOS.
Changed from AHCI mode to IDE and back again.
Plugged my old disk reader into the SATA port 1 and the BIOS recognises that as a bootable device
Inserted Windows 7 OS disk and restarted computer which gave me a start up beep
Tried doing a repair but would not recognise SSD
Tried doing a clean re install of windows to the SSD but came up with an error stating windows cannot copy onto this storage device.

Is my SSD fried or is there something im missing? Its concerning that it only happened to my other SSD a couple months ago. Both samsung SSD's are 1-2 years old respectively. Surely they have a longer lifespan than that.

I've scanned through many many forums regarding this issue but couldn't find anything that helped. So I've resorted to starting my own thread on it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated as im trying to avoid having to send it into a repair shop and forking out $$

Cheers

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't suppose you can check ssd in another PC? just see if it still works, not so much as a boot device, just in general

2 in 2 months sure sounds like something else is causing it. How old is the PSU?
Samsung Evo ssd should last way longer than 2 years, it should be under warranty still so there is that.

PixelWhip

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Thanks for the response. PSU is only a year old so should be no issues there. The only gear thats old in my PC is the MOBO and CPU which are both from around 2010-2011.

You're right I do need to plug it into another PC to see if it gets recognised but I dont have access to one currently so just looking at alternatives until i do.

TRENDING THREADS