[SOLVED] Sdd Samsung 970 Evo plus Trouble

May 25, 2019
Hi, Im Having a hell of a time trying to get my computer to recognize the samsung 970 Evo plus sdd I recently bought.

My pc is a Legion Y520T-25ICZ Desktop. From what Ive read online and in the manual the motherboard should support Pci, NVMe, although I'm not 100% on this

I plug the sdd into the mother board m2 slot and screw it down. I turn on the pc. It starts Very slowly compared to normal, takes forever to load windows, and then again after I login.
I try using samsungs migration program but it dosent detect the sdd. I look for it in my Pc and dosen't show. Also does not show in disc management. I Restart Computer and go to bios.
Boot is already set to UEFI, AHCI is enabled. Theres no setting in the lenova bios to enable M2 or anything. Nothing shows up in m2 slot when looking at boot priority.

I Take the Sdd out, boot computer. Starts perfectly normal and fast now, Update bios and windows. Try again, Same thing. Boots really slow, and sdd not detected anywhere..

Any help at all would be appreciated, Hopefully Im missing something simple, I know very little about upgrading pcs. Tomorrow I will try it without my hdd hooked up, load windows onto
the sdd, but not sure how that would change things. Thanks in advance.

Solution
It has support for NVME but the M2 port is only pcie3 x2 so roughly half speed for your 970. You might need to update the bios before it will work with such a new ssd.
May 25, 2019
I updated bios threw the lenova support site, which didn't change anything. If this is the case I will just return the 970 and downgrade to something more manageable. I really only want something to load games faster. Thanks for the clarification!! If you or anyone knows a compatible sdd for m.2 compatible with my pc, that would be of great help.

May 25, 2019
Okay thanks. Id need to buy a mounting bracket for that, And at the risk of sounding dumb, I think it would take up my last sata port and would not be able to add more ram in the future. figured id try to use the m2 port for a sdd if possible.

TRENDING THREADS