[SOLVED] sdd windows 10 installation issue.

Sep 6, 2018
Team,
I have removed the original non sdd harddrive from my lenovo e55 laptop.
I puchased a new Samsung 860 EVO 1T SDD harddrive.
I purchased a new retail copy of windows 10 digital from windows website.
I installed the windows onto 8gb usb.
I installed new sdd into laptop
I used the usb to install new windows onto sdd in laptop

My issue is, when i remove usb stick, and reset the labtop. it will not boot up. when i install the usb stick back, it will boot up.

Please any good help to fix this will be very much appreciated. (note i did fresh windows installation on two different usb sticks that i formated before download just to see if this was an issue)

Sep 6, 2018
I found and fixed my issue. I hope this may help someone else in the future.

I logged into windows with the usb installed as this was the only way to boot.

I visited the downloads page for the E555, i then downloaded the BIOS update tool.

I updated the BIOS using the tool. after the update finished I loaded back into windows. I then removed the usb stick, and did a restart on the laptop to test. everything started working as should. problem fixed.

Maybe you already did this....but it doesn't hurt to check.
Did you put the SSD at the top of the boot order in the BIOS?

When it boots up with the stick in....does it boot to the install on the USB??? or does it boot to Windows on the SSD?

Sep 6, 2018
I found and fixed my issue. I hope this may help someone else in the future.

I logged into windows with the usb installed as this was the only way to boot.

I visited the downloads page for the E555, i then downloaded the BIOS update tool.

I updated the BIOS using the tool. after the update finished I loaded back into windows. I then removed the usb stick, and did a restart on the laptop to test. everything started working as should. problem fixed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS