I'm so confused with nvidia's extensions.. Not sure which card is
faster/slower...
Let's take a 5700. How do these 4 cards line up speed wise?

5700
5700LE
5700XT
5700SE

I'm assuming LE is somewhat slower than 5700, while SE is slowest and XT is
fastest? Like in ATI, but it can't be that straight forward :)

SE and XT for Nvidia are clocked Slower.

--
DaveW

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> I'm so confused with nvidia's extensions.. Not sure which card is
> faster/slower...
> Let's take a 5700. How do these 4 cards line up speed wise?
>
> 5700
> 5700LE
> 5700XT
> 5700SE
>
> I'm assuming LE is somewhat slower than 5700, while SE is slowest and XT
is
> fastest? Like in ATI, but it can't be that straight forward :)

teqguy

DaveW wrote:

> SE and XT for Nvidia are clocked Slower.

The "LE" editions are normally the worst... they aren't laden with much
software, support, or bundled goodies.

The PNY 5900SE comes with Call of Duty and NVDVD(but I think most cards
come with NVDVD anyways), which is a good deal for $180.

But when it comes down to specs, these models use exactly the same GPU.

There should be no noticable benchmark differences, unless you happen
to find a model that features 2.2ns ram and not the default reference
2.8ns.

I know at least one of these cards exists... Leadtek makes one.

But it's pretty rare for a high end budget card to feature ram that
competes with the 5950 Ultra.

Asestar wrote:

> I'm so confused with nvidia's extensions.. Not sure which card is
> faster/slower...
> Let's take a 5700. How do these 4 cards line up speed wise?
>
> 5700
> 5700LE
> 5700XT
> 5700SE
>
> I'm assuming LE is somewhat slower than 5700, while SE is slowest and XT is
> fastest? Like in ATI, but it can't be that straight forward :)

* Slow *

5500 series
5200U (opinion)
5600
5600U

5700LE
5700SE
5700
5700XT (personal opinion)
5700U

5900 (good value)
5900XT

* Fast *

duralisis wrote:

> Asestar wrote:
>
>> I'm so confused with nvidia's extensions.. Not sure which card is
>> faster/slower...
>> Let's take a 5700. How do these 4 cards line up speed wise?
>>
>> 5700
>> 5700LE
>> 5700XT
>> 5700SE
>>
>> I'm assuming LE is somewhat slower than 5700, while SE is slowest and
>> XT is
>> fastest? Like in ATI, but it can't be that straight forward :)
>>

> * Slow *
>
> 5500 series
> 5200U (opinion)
> 5600
> 5600U
>
> 5700LE
> 5700SE
> 5700
> 5700XT (personal opinion)
> 5700U
>
> 5900 (good value)
> 5900XT
>
> * Fast *

I'm sure XT is slower than the base for NVidia, just more to confuse you
whereas XT on ATI is faster than base.

--
But why is the Rum gone?

TRENDING THREADS