Seagate 1 TB hard disk flashing continuously and not getting detected

zhimomi

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Seagate 1 TB hard disk is continuously flashing. It got detected once and i was able to repair and use it, after rebooting computer, it is not detecting it anymore. Light keeps flashing however there is no noise in the hard disk. Kindly help as i have lots of important data.

Solution
Hi there zhimomi,

That is really unpleasant. :(

Is the HDD even spinning up?

My suggestion would be to try using a different cable and attach the drive to another computer.
In case the issue persists, then there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. I believe it is not recognized by Disk Management right? In that case, your safest bet would be to contact a data recovery company. It will not hurt to contact the manufacturer's Support as well.

Apart from that, you can:
- Even though your HDD won't be picked up by a data recovery tool, you can use one: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1644496/lost-data-recovery.html
- RMA the drive in case it is under warranty. You will not get your data though.
- Some users...
Hi there zhimomi,

That is really unpleasant. :(

Is the HDD even spinning up?

My suggestion would be to try using a different cable and attach the drive to another computer.
In case the issue persists, then there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. I believe it is not recognized by Disk Management right? In that case, your safest bet would be to contact a data recovery company. It will not hurt to contact the manufacturer's Support as well.

Apart from that, you can:
- Even though your HDD won't be picked up by a data recovery tool, you can use one: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1644496/lost-data-recovery.html
- RMA the drive in case it is under warranty. You will not get your data though.
- Some users take the drive out in similar cases, in order to attach it internally. Keep in mind that this may not work. Also, if you decide to go with a data recovery company, just unplug the drive.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution