Seagate 2TB External Hard Drive

Aug 10, 2018
Every time I plug it into any device in the house, it bogs it down, makes anything unbearably slow, and when loaded with boot up, it takes an ungodly amount of time to login. It didn't start doing this until yesterday afternoon when I rebooted my laptop.

Whenever it's plugged in and enabled from device manager, it'll slow everything right down and it will not show up in the Computer explorer until after I unplug it as the safe eject doesn't function.. I have tried booting in safe mode, with and without the drive connected.. nothing I transfered or downloaded was malicious in any way... I'm at my wits end.. I've googled every thing I can think of, no the drive is not under warranty.. I just wanna try to not junk this if I can..

Aug 10, 2018

I doubt its the cable but its a long shot... I'll try it later and get back to you

Aug 10, 2018

What part of completely bogs down my laptop and won't show up in the Explorer do you not understand?

My apologizes. Please try it on another computer and if you get the same symptoms when you plug it in, then the drive is no longer functional.

Aug 10, 2018

Well, guess it has finally sh*t the bed then... RIP Oct 2017 - Aug 2018