• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Seagate 4TB Hard Drive Stopped Working on TV

May 31, 2020
Hi there,

I'm having a problem that I just can't seem to figure out! I've had a Seagate 4TB hard drive for a couple of years now. It's one that you have to plug in to a socket to for power. I use it to watch videos on my TV and it's worked for years with no problems.

A couple of days ago, I turned on my TV and it would not read the hard drive. As in, the hard drive did not show up as a source at all. I tried it on 2 other TVs (all different brands, all ones it had previously worked on) and the it does not show up on them either. The blue light comes on for about 2 minutes, the hard drive is pretty silent for the time (normally you can kind of hear it whirring) and then the light goes off. And that's it.

The weird thing is, when I connect it to my laptop, it works just fine! Light comes on, it whirs a bit, and shows up on my laptop and all my files are there. Any ideas what could have caused it to suddenly stop working? Thanks so much in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS