Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB hd actuator arm

fhutchison85

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB hd.. the actuator arm seems to be broken as it goes from one end of platter to far inside of the platter then snaps back immediately, it will cycle through this process about 10 times then turn off. There is some valuable information on this disk and all the information or suggestions would be helpful.

Solution
Yea when its that Far gone and you need something you're gonna have to pay the big bucks to get it off. You can try the freezing thing. That sometimes work. Toss the drive in the freeze for an hour or two. I've done it a few times. Lucked out once or twice, but that will most likely require to be opened up, and have the platters transfered to a good drive. This kinda stuff is VERY had to do and is done in a clean room.
Yea when its that Far gone and you need something you're gonna have to pay the big bucks to get it off. You can try the freezing thing. That sometimes work. Toss the drive in the freeze for an hour or two. I've done it a few times. Lucked out once or twice, but that will most likely require to be opened up, and have the platters transfered to a good drive. This kinda stuff is VERY had to do and is done in a clean room.

Solution

Trent Quan-Sing

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

You opened your hard drive to inspect this in a class 100 clean room I hope?

Latest posts