[SOLVED] Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB Uncorrectable Sector Count

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone, this is a question I've had for a while.

How bad is it that half a year after getting this drive, I randomly got a USC and CPSC warning in Crystal Disk Info?
The drive has been like this for the past 2 years now, can't really say that it's cause problems at all.
Although, there has been an instance recently where it randomly disconnected from my PC and kept trying and failing to spin up, eventually fixed it by using different power and data cables, but it's got me worried that half of my PC components are turning faulty.

PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
CPU Cooler: Arctic LFII 240
Mobo: AsRock B450M Pro4
RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
2x8GB Patriot Viper Steel
(Both running 2800MHz @1.4V)
SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
WD Blue 1TB
iGPU: Vega 8
(OC'd to 1700MHz @1.25V)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2
PSU: Corsair TXM 550W

Solution
yellow status, pending sector count errors...

It might stay like that and be fine for years, which I've seen happen on an old 140 GB drive....or

It could fail tomorrow.

I'd certainly be less trusting than normal of the drive for storing anything other than ....well...memes!
yellow status, pending sector count errors...

It might stay like that and be fine for years, which I've seen happen on an old 140 GB drive....or

It could fail tomorrow.

I'd certainly be less trusting than normal of the drive for storing anything other than ....well...memes!

Solution

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
It's funny cause I have a 1TB drive that has over 2x the power on Hours and Count that has absolutely zero cautions and warnings lmao.

I've made a backup of the important files I have on the HDD to a 1TB HDD and another 500GB one, both of which I use as cold backups.