[SOLVED] Seagate Barracuda guardian or WD blue 1tb hdd

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
Today I had issues with my computer. It would bluescreen on start up due to a memory managment issue and kernel security check failure. It was at a point where it would BSOD on windows install. When I plugged the HDD out it worked fine. I'm currently looking for a new one and I was wondering if there are any quality diffrences and real world speed between the WD blue and the Seagate barracuda guardian HDDs.

Solution
Seagate barracuda guardian is a beast have been using it for a while. I load games in about 2 1/2s on avg on an older system, when i use wd blue for gaming it took and avg of about 4-5s. However the wd blue is a little better at every day tasking like documents and excel things of a school/work profession. So i guess it's your pick if you know what you'll use it for more
Seagate barracuda guardian is a beast have been using it for a while. I load games in about 2 1/2s on avg on an older system, when i use wd blue for gaming it took and avg of about 4-5s. However the wd blue is a little better at every day tasking like documents and excel things of a school/work profession. So i guess it's your pick if you know what you'll use it for more

Solution

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I'll be going for the seagate one then. When I work with documents I save them to my desktop and Windows is installed on my SSD so the speeds don't really matter but I do quite a lot of gaming.

Reactions: white.a.drew