Seagate Dashboard Agent not backing up after windows 10 upgrade

Bulsan

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I have a Seagate 1TB backup plus slim drive that was working fine with windows 8.1. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the automatic backup function stopped working. The drive is recognized by Windows 10, I can open the files on the drive, but no scheduled backup occurs. The strange thing is that when I try to update the Agent software using its internal update function, it says that 4.4.10 is the most current version. I know this is wrong because I have another machine using the same 1TB model backup drive with Windows 10 and it says the current version is 4.4.19 and it works fine. I've uninstalled the agent software several times, downloaded the most current version of the Agent software from the Seagate website and installed it. Every time the Agent software comes up as version 4.4.10. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Solution
Can you connect the other drive to this computer and install the same version then? I am assuming you installed the version that came on the drive so this other drive should have the newest version by my thinking

TRENDING THREADS