News Seagate, EK Bring Tiny Lightsabers to M.2 SSDs

Sluggotg

Honorable
Feb 17, 2019
I am a sucker for these kind of things. But most of my new motherboards have integrated heat sinks for the M.2 drives. I assume these will cool just as well. The external SSDs they make with the Star Wars themes are nice.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Unless you are doing a theme build, this is the equivalent of owning a civic and putting a fart-can, neons/underglow and racing stickers on.

Last edited:

georgebaker437

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
Cute, but silly. Actually, the tiny lightsabres are nice, but the character names are superfluous, if you can't recognize the character from the lightsabre you're not really a fan. A practical liquid cooling solution for the notoriously hot Gen.5x4 drives would have been welcome while we wait for the new drives in quantity. I know that EKWB is experiencing some problems as the home built PC market has shrunk, but this seems a bit desperate. I am a loyal EK customer who loves their gear and use it on all my liquid cooled builds.

KyaraM

Admirable
Cute, but silly. Actually, the tiny lightsabres are nice, but the character names are superfluous, if you can't recognize the character from the lightsabre you're not really a fan. A practical liquid cooling solution for the notoriously hot Gen.5x4 drives would have been welcome while we wait for the new drives in quantity. I know that EKWB is experiencing some problems as the home built PC market has shrunk, but this seems a bit desperate. I am a loyal EK customer who loves their gear and use it on all my liquid cooled builds.
I think the article says they are Gen 4...