[SOLVED] Seagate External Hard Disk Not Detecting On Windows 10 Pc!

thisisajaym

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
My 2 TB Seagate external hard disk (Seagate Backup Plus Slim / STDR2000200 ) is not detecting on windows 10 PC. The light in the HDD is turning on and the USB connection sound can be heard in the PC when connecting. But its not showing up on 'This PC' and in disk management. It is showing up on the 'device and printers' in control panel. When I touch and feel the HDD I can feel the slight vibration indicating the disks are rotating. When I did the re scan in disk management, the HDD was detected but can't access it and its showing to initialize disk!

What might be the problem? Is it time to say goodbye to my hard disk and data's in it ?! :(

Solution
Was it last connected to a tv or something?
Windows has a limited number of format types that it can work with so if this was from a mac, linux, tv, tv reorder, etc - then windows simply doesn't know what to do with the drive.
For many of these other format types there are typically 3rd party softwares that will let you see your drives contents.

popatim

Titan
Windows has a limited number of format types that it can work with so if this was from a mac, linux, tv, tv reorder, etc - then windows simply doesn't know what to do with the drive.
For many of these other format types there are typically 3rd party softwares that will let you see your drives contents.

Solution

thisisajaym

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019

Just before this problem I connected this HDD to my friends old Windows 7 PC. Will that be the cause of the issue? Anyway to recover the data's from it?